In Loving Memory of our beautiful son
Alexander Michael Dodson
May 3, 2007 - December 20, 2008
There is no way to express the pain except to share the joy Alexander gave us in his short 19 months. He was a happy child and made everyone around him happy too.
We have three web sites dedicated to Alexander.
- The first is Alexander's Run.org which chronicles his life in pictures and video. Friends and family have left condolences on this site.
- The second is alexanderdodson.com which chronicles his life in pictures and video. Friends and family have left condolences on this site.
- The third is rememberingalexander.com. This is Michelle's blog of her time since Alexander's passing. It includes stories about Alexander from our own memory and from others.
We've set up two memorial funds for Alexander.
People have asked what they can do to help, and growing these funds so they can make an impact in Alexander's name is the best thing. Both funds are managed by the Princeton Area Community Foundation who handle accepting donations, managing the funds and distributing the money to the beneficiaries.
- The Alexander Michael Dodson Memorial Scholarship Fund provides a scholarship through the River City Community School. This is the new independent school in Trenton that Alexander would have gone to and that Michelle and I support. It's been started by friends of ours and is a work of love. The scholarship will defray the cost for a worthy child who's family may not have had the same advantages as Alexander's did. The fund will grant scholarships in perpetuity.
- The Dodson Emerson Family Fund will provide grants in Alexander's memory to several organizations including The SUDC Program which sponsors research into SIDS like death in children over one year old. This is the going theory as to the cause of Alexander's passing.